Royal IHC is currently seeking a Shipping Manager to join our Shipping team based next to a beautiful UNESCO World Heritage site in Kinderdijk. This department is responsible for various shipping activities across IHC. Using our logistics expertise, we support our colleagues on a wide range of ...
Using our logistics expertise, we support our colleagues on a wide range of business activities. This includes areas such as our recently launched e-commerce platform, the delivery of spare parts and executing the logistic processes that support the build of new ships. On the one hand, you will be responsible for the logistical approach for Shipbuilding and other international clusters. On the other, our department supports the supply of spare parts worldwide for the aftermarket, warranty and online portal ShipSupport. You'll be handling all complexities concerning bulk transports to demanding environments, compliance, emergency processes and more. Within this role, you will be responsible for:
- managing the day-to-day operations of the Shipping team
- ensuring that all deliveries are handled in a timely, efficient and correct manner
- monitoring the status of shipments in relation to the delivery performance
- identifying operational issues, potential problems and opportunities
- securing compliance with regard to import/export regulation
- executing the performance management of your team members
- problem-solving with regards to deliveries
- instigating market investigations and pre-selecting potential suppliers for Shipping and our import/export services.
To be eligible for the role of Shipping Manager, you must have:
- a bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years' relevant experience, including as a manager in a logistics environment
- operational experience in import/export activities and (international) shipping in a production and/or business environment
- solid knowledge of logistical processes, documents and systems
- problem-solving skills and a proactive attitude
- an affinity with the maritime sector and associated products
- the ability to unite people and manage change effectively
- a process- and result-driven mindset, as well as a disciplined approach to monitoring progress
- the ability to define priorities and take an aerial view of the tasks in hand
- excellent cooperation and communication skills, and a hands-on mentality
- a strong command of English and Dutch, both verbal and written.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Shipping Manager and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
About Koninklijke IHC
As a Shipping Manager, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services' core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we're able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy.
With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
Solliciteer op deze functie