The Fleet Engineer Dredging is responsible for the achievement of the goals of Fleet Management. The Fleet Engineer Dredging will give leadership to the designated Vessel-TSI and Fleet Staff of the vessels forming the vessel team.
Our fleet consisting of around 900 vessels and pieces of machinery constitutes Boskalis’ real capital. As Fleet Engineer you will play an important role in the planning & maintenance of the vessels and teams. As a maritime service provider of global standing Boskalis aspires to constant innovation so that it can provide clients with the most efficient and sustainable technical solution.
Almost all the projects you will be working on will have a high level of technical complexity and require high-end technical solutions. In the event of safety, planning, performance, exploitation, maintenance, technical failures and repairs you are the person who will liaise with the crew as well as third parties whereby it is important that you speak the language of the various parties and get the people with the right knowledge round the same table. Your role will also involve a lot of indirect liaison with internal stakeholders.
Your main activities in the role of will include:
• Initiate and facilitate improvement of the NINA policy for safe working on board of your vessels;
• Ensure compliance of your vessels regarding flag state, class and regional authority requirements;
• In close cooperation with your vessel team and project team on site, analyze and optimize the technical performance of your vessels;
• In cooperation with the dredging technical engineering department contribute to optimal technical and operational performance, including production optimization of your vessels.
• Resolve acute technical problems on board your vessels, in close cooperation with your vessel team and project team on site.
• With the project team on site and your vessel team you ensure that required maintenance and repairs of your vessels are executed
• Ensure - together with the vessel team - that the vessel scope is known and up to date for running repairs, planned repairs, damages and modifications
• In cooperation with the Maintenance Cell and vessel team, you follow-up planned repairs and modifications with focus on quality, in time budget and planning.
• Propagate and monitor the centrally formulated technical / safety policy, mission statement of Fleet Management and initiate possible improvement
• Responsible for the vessel exploitation, including proper allocation of the costs related to the vessel equipment.
You are the Fleet Engineer Dredging we are looking for if you can bring the following to the job:
• 5 - 10 years relevant (technical and operational) experience in the maritime industry
• Operational, technical and production process knowledge of the vessels
• Higher Vocational Education: Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Knowledge of the dredging process
• Knowledge of the applicable occupational Health & Safety rules and of classification and flag state certificates
• Knowledge of Fleet Management System
• Project Management and associated IT systems
• Good command of English (written and spoken)
Solliciteer op deze functie