As a Lead Engineer Machinery and Piping you will work at the Engineering department for the Shipbuilding Group and will be based in Kinderdijk or Krimpen aan den IJssel in The Netherlands. The Shipbuilding Group engineers and produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessel...
- functionally lead, coach and develop employees of the team and appraise or give input to appraisal when applicable
- give technical advice in tenders and potential issues, barriers or gaps related to production of the owned discipline and provide input on production approach, sequence and budget implications
- support internal and external stakeholders during implementation, production and aftersales on technical aspects and questions
- identify and evaluate bottlenecks in processes, installations and equipment, make suggestions for improvement and ensure and monitor implementation after approval
- analyze and assess customer requirements related to products and processes (materials, process, quality, product specifications) and perform initial opportunity and risk analyses
- examine the processed drawings on consistency with specifications, missing information, readability and user friendliness. Where needed adjust or elaborate the documents and system information and provide input for detail plan for machinery & piping. If applicable calculate weight and relevant technical details, and determine specifications for work to be outsourced
- revise the basic engineering package, based on non-conformities, own insight or directions by others. when needed you will discuss with relevant stakeholders
- document activities performed on processes, installations and equipment and/or provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses
- keep up with relevant engineering methods, tools and technologies in the market and develop, improve, validate and implement new and existing methods, tools, technologies, procedures and protocols.
To be considered as our Lead Engineer Machinery and Piping you meet the following requirements:
- a Bachelor or Master degree in mechanical engineering or other technical discipline (e.g. Naval Architecture)
- at least two years relevant workexperience in a similar position
- great leadership-, excellent analytical- and problem solving skills
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- able and willing to work in Kinderdijk and/or Krimpen aan den IJssel in the Netherlands.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers the suitable candidate the unique opportunity to work for a successful worldwide leader. We also offer you a challenging job within a financially successful and dynamic company, a local labor contract, competitive salary and benefits package and a range of opportunities for further professional development.
Are you interested in the position of Lead Engineer Machinery and Piping and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
About Koninklijke IHC
As Lead Engineer Machinery and Piping you will work at the Engineering department for the Shipbuilding Group. The Shipbuilding Group engineers and produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. The Engineering department of the Shipbuilding Group is based in Kinderdijk in The Netherlands.
lead engineer, offshore, dredging, piping equipment, coordinate, coordinator, project, customer requirements, customer relations, advise, advisor, engineering, stakeholder support, risk analyses, examining, revise, revising, aftersales, safety, innovate, updating skills, mechanical engineering, heavy machinery, machinery equipmennt, leadership, naval architecture, shipbuilding, custom-built
Solliciteer op deze functie