As a Cost and Design Engineer, you will be responsible for preparing budgets and specifications for shipbuilding projects. You will regularly consult with the Design, Proposals and Supply Chain departments. Depending on the size of the project, you may work independently or as part of a project t...
- designing P and ID schedules
- interpreting customer data
- defining materials required for the project
- collecting (technical) data from other IHC departments
- drawing up and evaluating specifications for mechanical engineering installations
- determining the man hours required for shipbuilding
- compiling requests for suppliers regarding prices and scope of delivery
- evaluating received tenders
- drawing up shipbuilding budgets based on (estimated) data
- processing collected data for calculation purposes and budgeting standards.
To be eligible for this role, you must have the following:
- a HBO degree in Shipbuilding, Mechanical Engineering or Shipbuilding Engineering
- a passion for commerce and technology
- an abstract and conceptual mindset
- the ability to draw up and evaluate specifications for shipbuilding and mechanical engineering installations
- a high level of accuracy, and an analytical mindset
- experience using Microsoft Excel and CAD software
- an excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- familiarity with the production and business processes relating to capital goods - particularly ships - is advantageous
- at least five years of experience in the maritime industry.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Cost and Design Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
About Koninklijke IHC
As a Cost and Design Engineer you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
Solliciteer op deze functie