Sr. Project Engineer Marine Operations
Do you have experience in a big variety of marine operations projects? And can you manage engineering and design projects in the field of heavy lifting, dredging, offshore installation and salvage? Then we invite you to contact us.
Vuyk Engineering Rotterdam is currently looking for a sr. project engineer marine operations for the marine operations department. As a sr. project engineer marine operations you are involved from the beginning of a project where you specify client questions into estimations, budgets and planning together with our sales engineers. After client approval you start by informing your engineeringteam about the project and planning.
During the engineeringphase you are responsible for the whole concept, design and engineering of the project. With software like Ansys, Solid Edge and Autocad you can predict the behaviour and conditions during operations and you're able to find solutions for structural issues of different types of vessels. You can think of solutions for seafastening, motion control, mooring systems and installation procedures.
You'll keep in close contact with our clients and engineeringteam to make sure planning and budget stays under control. After finishing and handing over the final reports you stay in touch with our clients during execution of the project. If necessary you'll travel offshore to guide the project and be point of contact for the offshore crew. Your role will be a mix of engineering and project management, where 60/70% of your time is focussed on engineering and technical issues. The remaining time you'll guide your team, visit clients and make sure planning and budget stays under control.
You will be responsible for:
* Estimating, budgeting and planning for marine operation projects
* Inform and manage the engineeringteam about the project and planning
* Responsible for concepts, designs and engineering of structural operational issues
* Make calculations and models with software like Ansys, Solid Edge and Autocad
* Being point of contact towards clients and offshore crew and open to travel offshore during execution of the projects
* A BSc. of MSc. in Marine-, Mechanical-, Offshore Engineering, Naval Architecture or comparable
* About 10 years' experience in marine operations projects for different types of vessels
* Experience with software like Ansys, Solid Edge and Autocad
* Experience with managing an engineeringteam and marine operations projects
* Having practical experience during execution would be a plus
Plaats / place: Zuid Holland