Spare Parts Engineer/ Project Manager
Are you the Spare Parts Engineer/ Project Manager who will be responsible for creating spare parts packages for new-build vessels or existing ships at Royal IHC? Does this sound good to you and do fit the desired profile? Apply today!
Spare Parts Engineer/ Project Manager (full-time) IHC Services, Kinderdijk The Netherlands
As Spare Parts Engineer/ Project Manager, you are responsible to compose spare part packages for new build ships based on maintenance strategy (years/operating hours) or service contracts for existing ships. Thanks to your practical & technical knowledge, you as a Project Manager / Engineer can ask the right questions and advise the customer accordingly. The spare part packages are composed based on the budget, and wishes of the customer and can differ in value and volume. The process from the initial request until delivery of the spare part packages is carried out on a project basis, and the duration can vary from a few months to several years. During this time, you will be, as Spare Parts Engineer/ Project Manager in close contact with both the customer and internal stakeholders such as; Sales, Project management, Engineering, Service Engineering, and Purchasing. In addition, you are eager to play an active role in improving the end-to-end process by knowledge gained during the execution of a project and embed this is the process and way of working.
For the position of Spare Parts Engineer/ Project Manager, Royal IHC is looking for a proactive and service-minded individual with demonstrable spare parts knowledge and experience. It is important that you can work in a structured way under pressure, which means that accuracy and persistence, as well as the ability to work effectively as a part of the team, are key aspects in this role.
To be eligible for the position of Spare Parts Engineer/ Project Manager, you must have the following profile:
* higher vocational education (at least bachelor) level in a technical discipline
* experience in the maritime industry and in the support, operation or management of seagoing vessels
* understanding of spare parts criticality and the different methods of determining this
* experience in creating complete spare parts packages and making accurate offers
* ability to work in a systematic approach
* excellent command of English and Dutch, both written and verbal
* sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and ERP packages (preferably IFS).
* only candidates with valid EU work visa and residence within commuting distance of Rotterdam will be considered as viable candidates
* an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Plaats / place: Zuid Holland