Total Gas Mobility
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Are you interested in contributing to the development of innovative CNG, LNG and H2 fueling stations? Setting standards for pressure equipment and piping as part of state-of-the-art installations which will be used all over the word? Then we have the perfect job for you!
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Total Gas Mobility (TGM) is navigating the Total group in its mission to become a world leader in natural, renewable and hydrogen gas mobility, and small-scale LNG by 2030.
One of its fields of expertise is supplying CNG, LNG and H2 fueling stations. The stations are state-of- the-art, with extremely high pressures (up to 1000bar) and high-power rotating equipment.
We will be setting the standard for all Total stations worldwide towards the future. This means that you will have a big influence on how stations are going to look like and function.
Within Total Gas Mobility you will be part of the Production and Engineering department and you will be reporting to the Manager Engineering.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you are ultimately responsible for the definition and selection of mechanical equipment and piping components inside the installations. You will set the standard for global application within Total and it’s affiliates. You must ensure that the installations function as intended according to the functional design plan. And ensure that the design is up to date with all the safety, mechanical and functional demands. Of course, you will keep a keen eye on the costs as well, in order to deliver an operational and affordable station to the client. Project planning and progress reporting are part of the job.
As knowledge focal point you will play a key role in communication between our organization and our clients.
What exactly are you going to do
- Design or specify the mechanical parts of the installations, in line with Total Group principles, as well as national, European and international standards, rules and regulations, with emphasis on CAPEX/OPEX/constructability, maintainability and operability;
- Participate in HAZOP studies, as well as constructability, maintainability and operability reviews;
- Report on planning and progress of projects;
- Develop mechanical standards in your field, make these available to the relevant affiliates in the group and set KPI’s for performance;
- Build and maintain a network of connections with affiliates in the group.
The ideal Senior Mechanical Engineer
Since we will be setting the standards for the future, we are looking for an innovative and entrepreneurial person. You agree with us that, apart from creativity, it is important to document our work in terms of basis, process and outcome of our designs. Preferably you have experience with our type of installations.
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering with at least 10 years of professional experience on complex process installations;
- Knowledge of and experience with national, European and international standards, rules and regulations as applied in the process industry;
- Knowledge of and experience with CNG-, LNG-, and/or H2-installations is a plus;
- Knowledge of English language, knowledge of Dutch and/or French are strongly advised;
- Effective, coaching, cooperative, analytic;
- Project oriented person and good communication skills (both verbal and written).
Why you should join us!
We are a solid company with clear growth ambitions. Total Gas Mobility has a major stake in Total’s #NetZero2050 climate ambition. The position is challenging with room for initiative and responsibility. You have career opportunities to expand beyond this role. Within the Total Group we strive for diversity and welcome open-minded, daring and caring people in tune with the Total spirit. We offer an attractive salary in line with your age and experience. And last, but not least, you will have the opportunity to work with us to create a better future!
Total Gas Mobility
Total is a major energy player that produces and markets fuels, natural gas and low-carbon electricity. Our 100,000 employees are committed to better energy that is safer, more affordable, cleaner and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, our ambition is to become the responsible energy major.
On January 1st, 2020, PitPoint's offerings merged into the Total group. A global competence centre for natural gas for vehicles (NGV), renewable (biomethane) and hydrogen gas (H2) for mobility, including customised (public) transport solutions (across all new energies), and small scale LNG (for mobility & industry use), is now located at PitPoint’s former HQ in Nieuwegein and operating under the name Total Gas Mobility.
Together, we strive for sustainable mobility with low carbon fuels, and contribute to our company’s #NetZero2050 climate ambition.
Are you interested? That’s great! If your skills and experience match this job description, please send us your CV and motivation letter via our online application page.
For more information you can look at https://www.pitpointcleanfuels.com or contact Corporate Recruiter Caroline Wetselaar via +31 6 11452193.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions initial interviews can be held via Microsoft Teams.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.