As Naval Architecture Engineer Beavers you will work in the Engineering department of IHC Shipbuilding. IHC Shipbuilding produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. The Engineering department of the Shipbuilding Group is based in Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel...
The Beaver® team consists of naval architecture engineers, mechanical engineers, dredging equipment specialists, hydraulic engineers, piping engineers and electrical engineers. As a Naval architecture Engineer Beavers® you are responsible for analyzing, designing and drawing the naval architecture part of the Beavers® and small custom-built cutter suction dredgers. You work according to customer requirements, technical and operational guidelines in order to contribute to efficient production and maximizing quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of the equipment. Furthermore, you will:
- analyze and assess customer requirements related to Beavers® and small custom built cutter suction dredgers (materials, process, quality, product specification) and perform initial opportunity and risk analyses
- set up and complete 2D drawings and/or a 3D model of the construction, systems, equipment, outfitting and procedures based on relevant information, specifications, rules and regulations and yard standards
- make and examine drawings on consistency with specifications, missing information, readability and user-friendliness. Where needed you adjust or elaborate the documents and system information before proceeding the detail engineering, both within the own discipline and the other disciplines within the project team. If applicable you will calculate weight, stability, the strength of the construction and relevant technical details to determine specifications for the engineering work
- support internal and external stakeholders during implementation, production and aftersales on technical aspects and questions
- make parts lists, material specifications, etc
- identify and evaluate bottlenecks in processes, installations and equipment, make suggestions for improvement and ensure and monitor implementation after approval.
To be eligible for the role of Naval architecture engineer Beavers® you must meet with the following requirements:
- minimum higher vocational education (HBO) Naval Architecture with at least three years of relevant experience, or a secondary level of education (MBO) Naval Architecture with at least five years of relevant experience
- excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and experience in basic and detail engineering
- knowledge and experience with Microstation, Solid Edge and/or Nupas Cadmatic software is a prerequisite.
- knowledge and experience with Siemens NX and Siemens PLM Teamcenter is a pre
- knowledge of stability calculation software like Delftship and shipbuilding classification rules, stability calculations and/or construction calculation
- pro-active and a team player and profound command of Dutch and/or English
- you are able and willing to work in Kinderdijk (mainly) but also in Krimpen aan den IJssel.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you as Naval Architecture Engineer Beavers a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Naval Architecture Engineer and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
About Koninklijke IHC
As Naval Architecture Engineer Beavers, you will work in the Engineering department within IHC Shipbuilding. The Shipbuilding group engineers and produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. IHC Shipbuilding’s Engineering department is based in Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel.
Solliciteer op deze functie