The majority of our global Commercial/Sales managers are currently still based out of our HQ location in Kinderdijk, The Netherlands. From there, they support the Regions with their growth ambitions and engage with customers & local regional teams with the ultimate objective to increase our sales...
In the role of Commercial Assistant you will assist colleagues in the Commercial department. You will organise a range of tasks on behalf of the Commercial/Sales managers and act as their administrative executive. Your work will consist of, amongst other things, calendar management, administration of commercial opportunities for IHC in the CRM system, supporting the creation of quotations, booking travel, arranging visas, organising customer visits, and supporting the processing of confirmations. The exact scope of the work will depend on your knowledge and experience. Clear, direct and fast communication with the Commercial/Sales managers that you support and with your immediate colleagues is extremely important in this role. Commercial/Sales managers must be able to categorically rely on your flexibility and accuracy. You will be a dependable employee, who has experience of supporting independent Commercial/Sales managers, who work under great pressure and in different time zones. You will quickly master the working methods and processes relevant to this role. The department consists of approximately 20 Commercial/Sales managers. You will report to the executive assistant and be responsible for the following:
- supporting the Commercial/Sales managers in the administrative aspects of their work
- communicating with the Commercial/Sales managers at variable hours, understanding that they work in various time zones
- arranging travel and (if necessary) visas for the Commercial/Sales managers, and in close cooperation with the IHC travel desk
- supporting the issuing of orders
- arranging customer visits and meetings.
To be eligible for the role of Commercial Assistant, you must have:
- a resourceful, proactive and pragmatic approach
- one to five years of relevant work experience in a similar relevant role (preferably)
- a higher vocational education (HBO or equivalent)
- a high level of communication skills and accuracy
- the ability to operate effectively in a team
- excellent language skills in Dutch and English
- proficiency working with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you a challenging fulltime job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Commercial Assistant and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 5333.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
About Koninklijke IHC
As a Commercial Assistant (Executive Commercial Directorate) you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
Solliciteer op deze functie