As Cost Estimator Vessels, you are the link between the Sales, Engineering and Production departments. You will be involved throughout the entire process of a ship's construction (from the pre-contractual phase to completion). You are responsible for cost price calculations that you supplement wi...
In short, the Cost Estimator Vessels plays an important role in bidding for the construction of new vessels and remains involved during the entire building process. You are close to the business; you visit production sites, subcontractors and stock exchanges. Occasionally, you may even board a dredging vessel. Within this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- making budgets for complete custom-built dredgers, but also for smaller projects this can range from short budget calculations to detailed preliminary calculations
- indicating risks related to contract terms, technical scope, specific customer requirements, delivery times and financing aspects
- providing support in drawing up contracts and financing
- maintaining and setting budget standards (including calculations)
- budgeting for more/less work on the ships under construction.
To be eligible for the position of Cost Estimator Vessels, you must have the following:
- bachelor (HBO) or master (WO) level of education (e.g. mechanical engineering, electro technical etc.)
- knowledge of applied production methods, production processes, production techniques and materials within the shipbuilding or industrial sector
- experience in project and risk management, able to keep an overview of technically complex projects and strong numerical skills
- natural affinity with technically high-quality applications in shipbuilding is an advantage
- able to build and maintain a network both internally and externally
- excellent organisational and communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- a strong personality, persuasiveness, assertiveness, flexibility and perseverance
- ability to work under time pressure and extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you as Cost Estimator a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Cost Estimator and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
About Koninklijke IHC
As Cost Estimator you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
Solliciteer op deze functie