This is NewCold
NewCold is service provider in cold chain logistics with a focus on the development and operation of large, highly automated cold stores. NewCold strives to be crucial in the cold chain of leading food companies. We use latest technology to empower our people, to handle food responsibly and to guarantee food safety in a sustainable way. We challenge the industry, believe in long-term partnerships, and deliver solid investment opportunities that enable next generation logistic solutions.
About the vacancy
To support our further worldwide growth, we are looking to recruit several Project Engineers to join our team. You will be positioned to form a reliable colleague for our internationally operating Technical Services Team. As Project Engineer you are responsible for the design and construction of the building and its installations, from the Business Development phase until final take over by our Operations Department. Based in the company’s headquarters in Breda, you will be part of a multifunctional team and exposed to many parts of our global business.
What will you do?
- Lead the design of the building and its technical installations
- Prepare the tender packages for the general contractor and other subcontractors
- Monitor the engineering process based on quality and Total Cost of Ownership
- Support the Project Manager with the permitting process
- Provide feedback via lessons learned on our Standard Design
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- At least 4 years of relevant experience
- Evidence of a strong background in Project Engineering
- Willing to travel on a fairly regular basis
- Comfortable working in a dynamic work environment
- Highly proficient in English
- Additional language skills (German and/or French) are beneficial
- Experience with AutoCAD
Are you up for the job?
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to apply, please make sure that you leave your
CV in English. Suitable candidates will be invited for a first interview with our Head of Engineering,
a second interview will follow with a wider group of NewCold team members.
Why would you want to work for NewCold?
With the prospect of many new construction projects all over the world in the very near future, NewCold offers the opportunity to join a young but powerful company in the field of logistic services. We have the ambition and the potential to rapidly become the market leader in the field of modern and automated cold storage with additional supply chain services such as transport and distribution. Although our proposition comprises an attractive benefits and compensation package, the (international) scope and impact of the position may appeal to you even more.
Can we welcome you on board as our new Project Engineer and help continue our successful growth?