Marine Systems Designer
Marine Systems Designer / Concept Engineer Marine Systems
Is Designing your passion and do you want to be part of the technology innovator?
Then you might be our new Marine Systems Designer / Concept Engineer Marine Systems!
As a Marine Systems Designer / Concept Engineer Marine Systems you will be part of the Design & Specification department within our Product Organisation Shipbuilding.
You will work in a project team and collaborate with other disciplines such as Cost Estimators and Naval Architects.
You will contribute to the design and development of the design draft for the types of vessels offered by Royal IHC. Input for the design generally comes from the universal requirements of our customers as well as outcomes from technical feasibility studies and the design drafts.
You will be responsible for developing, specifying and estimating the mechanical aspects of a design.
The main focus will be on the power generating plant, propulsion system and energy balances.
In collaboration with other disciplines you will be part of the pre-contract phase. In accordance with legislation and regulations you will make sure our customers' requirements are met by acting within IHC operating principles and engineering standards. In this way you will contribute to the successful closing of the pre-contract phase and generating the basis for the realisation of the order.
Within this role, you will be expected to carry out the following tasks and responsibilities:
* performing calculations and set-up drawings This involves principle layouts of the propulsion train, engine room arrangement, power and thruster redundancy and concept pipe schematics for major systems
* participating in discussions with shipping companies and subcontractors regarding the performance of the design such as powering in relation to operational profile or alternative propulsion systems
* generating input for Cost Estimation
* describing the relevant parts of the vessel specification
* developing new concepts for expanding the portfolio of vessels
To be eligible for the position of Marine Systems Designer / Concept Engineer Marine Systems you must have the following:
* a bachelor or master degree in Mechanical, Maritime and/or Materials Engineering
* theoretical and practical knowledge about ship powering and propulsion systems
* preferably at least five years of relevant experience in dredging or offshore vessels
* proficiency in conceptual thinking
* experience with calculation and drawing software
* insight into the feasibility of the customers' wishes and requirements and the ability to convert this into a concrete design
* familiarity with both national and international ship legislation and safety regulations
* excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written
Plaats / place: Zuid Holland