Lead Automation Engineer Dredging Control Systems
Is engineering your passion, and do you want to be part of the technology innovator? Then you just might be our new Lead Automation Engineer!
As the Lead Automation Engineer, you will design the automation and control system of dredging vessels such as hopper or cutter dredgers. Most of the time, those vessels and installations are still under construction by IHC. You will work closely with the Lead Electrical Engineer to come up with the optimum solution for specific projects. You will also provide technical support and act as a point of contact for our customers and other IHC units. Each project can take as long as half a year to two years to complete. You will typically work on designing control philosophies, system architecture diagrams, functional specifications and I/O-lists. After the design phase, you will determine the software hours required and lead the software team during the implementation phase, in addition to testing the software. You will also provide information to our technical writer as input for the User Manual and will undertake the Factory Acceptance Test with the customer. Please note, part of your role may involve working onboard vessels during installation and handover to the customer.
To be eligible for the position of Lead Automation Engineer, you must have the following:
* higher vocational education (HBO) and/or an academic higher education (WO) in a technical discipline with a focus on industrial automation
* demonstrable design experience in complex process automation
* knowledge of guidelines, standards, legislation and rules relating to inspection agencies, along with an understanding of control techniques
* the ability to write functional specifications and read drawings (electric, pneumatic and hydraulic)
* the ability to work as part of a team, and experience in managing or supervising technical colleagues
* knowledge of PLC and SCADA systems
* an approachable nature and a customer-oriented focus
* the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a high level of accuracy
* a practical, goal-oriented attitude and the willingness to work in a rapidly changing environment
* excellent communication skills in English and/or Dutch, both written and verbal
* only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
* an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Plaats / place: Zuid Holland