Internship Data Science
As part of Arcadis's Digital transformation, building out our Data Analytics capabilities is at the core and center to ensure that we can generate the most valuable insights from the rich data that Arcadis and our clients own. Typical projects and challenges you will be involved in include building data analytics capabilities, code reviews, dashboards, Natural Language Processing, data platform integrations, and sharing data across business units and regions for data exploration, mining, and further analysis.
Our vision? To change the status quo in the industry, challenge how we work today and create a culture of empowering data analytics with a vibrant community at its core. We want to challenge the status quo and develop our data scientists into skillful and all-rounded professionals. Does our vision fit you? Read on and find out if we are a match!
- Support in developing the Knowledge Sharing platform to host Analytics use cases, code repositories, and capabilities;
- Proactively drive and deliver (advanced) analytical solutions through data exploration and wrangling for the business;
- You will mine and analyze raw data with a hands-on quality control approach to implement strong data governance and best practices in data cataloging;
- Work closely with the data engineers to structure and collect data to build tools and framework to support building the data lake;
- Apply data science and machine learning from an explorative and analytical angle;
- Collaborate with the team to develop machine learning models for both use cases and business accounts;
- Support business and team with your knowledge in data science, machine learning, and AI.
This vacancy is also open for undergraduate students who need to write their thesis. With the Global Development Lead Analytics, a topic will be selected to serve both your academic and managerial / business needs at Arcadis. You will have independence and support in your research. The only requirement is that you do make an impact through your research and applications.
This vacancy is available starting August/September 2021 for a minimum duration of 6 months. Starting earlier is also possible!
We are looking for university (wo) students currently studying Business Information Management, Data/Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, (Applied) Mathematics, Business Analytics or a related scientific study.
It would be great if you:
- Are interested in AI Design, Construction and Engineering Industry;
- Are interested in Digital, Analytics, and the Design, Construction and Engineering Industry;
- Proactively solve problems, suggest process improvements, identify risks, recommend actions to mitigate risks, handle ambiguity, deal with conflict, and learn on the job;
- Have project management experience with demonstrated prioritization and flexibility;
- Have a passion for leveraging data to bring people together and to drive solutions;
- Have proven technical knowledge and confidence in programming, code review, queries, working with data sets (in Python or R), Git, and machine learning models;
- Have entrepreneurial spirit and initiative;
- Have clear communication skills, also to Senior Management;
- Have good leadership and team player traits;
- Have a certain level of flexibility in work hours. This is essential, given the business's international scale and scope.
- Possess strong MS Office skills;
- Statistical Models and Analysis (in R or Python);
- Git knowledge and application;
- Database queries (SQL / PL/SQL, etc.).
No one is perfect, and that is fantastic. We expect you to fail, learn, and succeed several times in this role.
This internship is only open for students currently living and studying in The Netherlands. To be eligible for this position you must have a valid Dutch study or work permit. Your application will not be taken into consideration if you do not meet this requirement.
Wherever you work, whatever you do, as an Arcadian you contribute to our mission: ‘Improving Quality of Life’.This mission is what connects and inspires us. We shape the future from different perspectives and build sustainable relationships. Together, we want to improve our world. With our five core values we build our Arcadian culture: People First, Integrity, Client Success, Collaboration and Sustainability. Characteristic for our culture are inclusiveness, diversity and corporate social responsibility. These subjects can be seen throughout our different activities
Arcadis offers you a whole range of interesting internships and graduation projects, which content will be determined together with you.
You will also get to know your colleagues through participation of activities like those provided by: The Young Part, our young adult association.
Many interns/graduate students grow into a junior position and they also receive benefits like monthly compensation. For more information on Arcadis, visit our website.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Aron Kelderman, campus recruiter, either over phone +31 6 1190 8932 or over email email@example.com. You can apply by using the ‘apply’-button on this page. You cannot apply over email.
To correctly judge your application, we would like to receive your CV and a cover letter in pdf format. Please include:
- Reason application;
- Maximum travel distance;
- Availability (hours per week en desired start date);
- Language proficiency.
Recruitment agencies do not need to respond. Details from this job offer are not to be used for marketing purposes.