Insurance Claim Coordinator
The Insurance Claim Coordinator investigates and prepares damage analyses, develops and formulates strategical (claim) reports to customers, adjusters and insurance with respect to the damages that occurred on board of vessels and/or installation constructions with or under guarantee with IHC Holland B.V.
As the Insurance Claim Coordinator of Royal IHC you will be responsible for:
* Discuss and negotiates with parties involved, the declarable amounts.
* Coordinates and foresees in the financial reporting and finalization of running insurance cases with insurance-related companies, suppliers and customers.
* Due to the long lead times, the cross ties and sometimes the occurrence of events, being related or non-related to guarantee claims and other influential circumstances, these tasks are complex to be carried out.
* The function holder has to combine the (shipbuilding) technical, insurance technical- as well as the juridical aspects into one dossier, serving both the interest for the company as well as the clients
* Responsible to structure and initiate technical investigations on insurance claims with values above 250K. Develops and delivers investigation Terms Of Reference and provides investigation leadership and mentoring to company superintendents and technical team leads in investigation execution
* Takes the lead in identifying risks linked to insurance claims and proactively reports on these, takes a leading role in mapping and escalating risks to stakeholders and provides recommendations for risk mitigations.
* Maintains a role to capture lessons learned on insurance claims and proactively reports on these and maintains lessons learned log. Lessons learnt and respective actions will be escalated to the relevant stockholders for actions and follow up.
* Will report concerning the running cases each fortnight to the Line Management
* Informs in respect of cases being of high importance, if diverting from the General ruling and /or when budgets are exceeded.
As Insurance Claim Coordinator you have the following responsibilities
* (technical) investigations, analyses, reporting and claim notifications of Guarantee requests
* internal information and advice to the involved Project managers and InduRisk B.V.
* render Information and advice to (insurance) adjusters and clients concerning the scale and size of the amounts to be claimed(without losing sight of the IHC interests)
* ownership and updating of the claim register within IHC.
* follow up of assignments with clients and insurance-related companies
* determine the financial status of claims
* directing investigation assignments to adjusters
* periodical reporting concerning insurance cases
* periodical meeting concerning claims having an impact on either budget exceeding and/ or the interests of IHC
* risk Identification and management including reporting to stakeholders and developing Risk profiles for company products and equipment
* develops and maintains as owner insurance claim related lessons learned and follow up of these
* responsible for stakeholder management and communications with regards to insurance claims.
* representing IHC Services when abroad.
Your characteristics as potential Insurance Claim Coordinator
* sound sense of responsibility, flexible, perseverant, good communicative and social skills
* able to work autonomously on large, medium and small vessels and equipment at well-facilitated shipyards, but also at worldwide less facilitated worksites
* eager to have a varied job in- and outside of The Netherlands
* well able to deal with both IHC personnel, personnel of subcontractors or the client and employees of clients in ever-changing conditions
* always willing and eager to obtain knowledge or learn new techniques regarding equipment and developments within the industry
Job requirements for the position of Insurance Claim Coordinator
* technical Education at a Maritime college on a preferably higher vocational education level.
* a minimum of six years of professional experience as Maroff on oceangoing vessels completed with some years of additional experience in the dredging and or offshore industry.
* in possession of a certificate of competence (STCW-papers) and all relevant training, Seaman's Book, medical certificate, etc.
* knowledge of maritime ruling its legislation, trading and, insurance practices.
* experience in insurance claim management either as a vessel technical superintend or marine officer.
* experience with Risk management related to contractual and insurance-related matters and/or the willingness to develop and learn this skill set.
* excellent command of the Dutch and English language, both in Word and Writing, command of other languages holds an advantage.
* good knowledge of Windows, MS-Office, ERP and document management systems.
Plaats / place: Zuid Holland