As a Lead Engineer Mechanical, you will focus on the technical activities relating to the mechanical systems for our offshore and dredging vessels and equipment. You will coordinate all engineering work during the basic and detail design stage, and will translate customer requirements into techni...
Within this role, your duties will also include the following:
- leading a team of mechanical engineers regarding design, technical issues, and executing and planning projects
- acting as a figure of authority and motivating your team
- overseeing the design and coaching the engineers in creating the required engineering information
- ensuring designs for equipment are of a high quality, cost-effective and comply with customer requirements and IHC standards
- ensuring that equipment is well integrated in the ships, and consulting colleagues from other technical disciplines frequently
- acting as the first point of contact for colleagues from other disciplines and departments, customers and suppliers during the design, production, commissioning and after-sales service
- working proactively on continuous improvement, standardisation and development of design rules
- reporting hierarchically to the Technical Manager of Dredging and Offshore Systems - and to the Team Leader or Project Manager - to update them on the progress of projects.
To be eligible for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- at least five years of relevant experience with large mechanical constructions in Dredging, Offshore or similar industries
- experience with drive technology and/or ship installations is advantageous
- excellent analytical, communication and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make decisions
- an innovative, stress-resistant and flexible approach
- knowledge and experience with 3D modelling software, preferably Siemens software (Solid Edge or NX, combined withTeamcenter)
- an excellent command of Dutch and English
- the ability to work in Kinderdijk (mainly) and Krimpen aan den IJssel
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers the suitable candidate the unique opportunity to work for a successful worldwide leader. We also offer you a challenging job within a financially successful and dynamic company, a local labour contract, competitive salary and benefits package, and a range of opportunities for further professional development.
Are you interested in the position of Lead Engineer Mechanical and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
About Koninklijke IHC
As Lead Engineer Mechanical you will work at the Engineering department for the Shipbuilding Group. The Shipbuilding Group engineers and produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. The Engineering department of the Shipbuilding Group is based in Kinderdijk or Krimpen aan den IJssel in the Netherlands.
Solliciteer op deze functie