Building Consultant / Commissioning Manager (Lenders & Investors European Commission Management TDD
As (Senior) Building Consultant your core responsibilities will largely relate to successful managing transactional based TDD instructions across the Netherlands and Europe for international clients.
The key focus of our Technical Due Diligence (TDD) advice and reporting is to identify key risks, the severity and quantification of these risks, along with recommendations for mitigation. Our advice needs to ensure that our clients achieve maximum value from their built assets with a clear understanding of risk. The role includes predominantly Technical Due Diligence along with Project Management across a range of building types although largely commercial.
You are expected to have managerial skills and a broad range of experience in Technical Due Diligence (TDD) consultancy. The job will involve a mixed and varied workload with often the need to balance a number of different instructions simultaneously.
You are a team player and will largely be focused on service delivery, leading the team and supporting to achieve exceptional outcomes for our clients. You will be required to manage your time effectively to meet deadlines and ensuring time expended aligns with the cost forecast to ensure profitability of instructions (financial performance responsibility).
Your department is the Program Management & Construction Management group and you will work in a team of around 50 colleagues with, different levels, expertise and experience. The department focusses on Lenders and Investors, Project Management and Asset Consultancy.
We offer a great professional working environment, working in a enthusiastic and motivated team with an opportunity to further develop your knowledge and skills.
- A team player who can develop and maintain excellent relationships and gain the confidence of other professionals both within Arcadis and outside;
- Represent Arcadis in a professional and diligent manner; meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients forming a strong working relationship in true partnership;
- Demonstrate effective communication and management skills for service delivery;
- Ability to provide good concise commercial advice;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in engineering;
- At least 8 years experience in Technical Due Diligence (TDD) consultancy;
- Excellent project management skills;
- MRICS qualified is desirable;
- Understand the transaction process including requirements of funders;
- Understanding of both technical and legislative requirements (generally) in the Netherlands and preferably across Europe;
- Ability to be flexible to meet tight project deadlines;
- Willingness to travel abroad occasionally;
- Manage team with the ability to motivate team, drive quality, manage project risks and deliver successful outcome;
- Provide guidance to team members;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in both English and desirable but not essential Dutch;
- Innovative and self-motivated;
- Commercially aware and financially astute;
- Relevant business network.
Wherever you work, whatever you do, as an Arcadian you contribute to our mission: ‘improving quality of life’. This mission is what connects and inspires us. We shape the future from different perspectives and build sustainable relationships. Together, we want to improve our world. With our five core values we build our Arcadian culture: People First, Integrity, Client Success, Collaboration and Sustainability. Characteristic for our culture are inclusiveness, diversity and corporate social responsibility. These subjects can be seen throughout our different activities.
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a "people first" business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. This, we reflect in the projects we conduct.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Mr. Ron van Mourik, recruiter, either via phone +31 (0)6 52342947 or via email email@example.com. You can apply by using the ‘Solliciteren’-button on this page. You cannot apply via email.
Recruitment agencies need not respond. Details from this job offer are not to be used for marketing purposes.