Applied Sciences Graduate Internship Production Engineering
How you can make your mark
Accurate production estimates are essential for realistic price and planning in future projects. To achieve this, you will turn collected data from executed projects into new insights for our company. Your work will contribute to continuous improvement of our production estimates, allowing Boskalis Subsea Cables (BSC) to be competitive.
BSC is specialized in subsea power cable installation, Balance of Plant maintenance for the renewables market, umbilical/flowline installation and installation of interconnectors. A great example is the Borssele Project where two 60-kilometer-long export cables are installed, connecting the future offshore wind farms to the Dutch power grid.
As an intern at the Production Engineering department, you will be part of the team which is responsible for maintaining, developing and using the production models within BSC. These models are used for estimating the productions (speed of operations) on future projects.
Your responsibilities as a Production Engineering Intern:
- Collect and structure raw progress data from our vessels/burial equipment. For example, progress data from pre-lay grapnel runs, cable loading and/or mattress installation.
- Define relevant outcomes for the Production and Tendering departments.
- Automate the data-processing for quick production follow-up on executed projects.
- Translate the results and conclusions into production models, which are easy to use in the tender phase.
You can make your mark as Production Engineering Intern if you are/have:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in a technical discipline.
- Based in the Netherlands.
- available per January/February 2020.
- Affinity with data analysis and offshore engineering.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- An analytical thinker.
- Good communication skills.
Knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides internship compensation you will get a great deal of responsibility and a laptop to use. Armed with your OV Student Product, you can access the Boskalis campus by public transport: the waterbus, regional bus or train. If you use the latter, you can hop on the Boskalis van that goes between station Sliedrecht Baanhoek and the Papendrecht campus in the early morning and late afternoon. Furthermore you can easily share a ride with colleagues via the Boskalis Carpool App.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, such as a visit to a project or vessel in the Netherlands, but also a Friday Drink on the first day after payday.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing regatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Your team: You will become part of the Production Engineering department within BSC. The team consist of 4 young professionals with various backgrounds in engineering. One Production Engineer is dedicated assigned for data analysis. Further, English is the main language as one of the team members has roots outside the Netherlands. Besides Production Engineering, you will need to collaborate with other (data) disciplines within BSC.
- Where you will work: You will carry out your assignment working at the Boskalis head office in Papendrecht.
- Fulltime/ part time job: The function of function is a fulltime (40 hours a week) hours a week.
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for one or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of Production Engineering Intern. Please contact Yvette van Leijsen, Campus Recruiter via +31 786968570.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site. You can apply until the 26th of January 2020.