As Lead Engineer Naval Architecture you work at the department for the Shipbuilding Group and will be based in Kinderdijk or Krimpen aan den IJssel. The Shipbuilding Group engineers produce complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. As a Lead Engineer Naval Architecture, you...
- functionally leading, coaching and developing employees of the team and appraise or give input to appraisal when applicable
- able to give technical advice on tenders and potential issues, barriers or gaps related to production and discipline to provide input on production approach, sequence and budget implications
- supporting internal and external stakeholders during implementation, production and aftersales on technical aspects and questions
- identifying and evaluating bottlenecks in processes, installations and equipment and make suggestions for improvement and ensure and monitor implementation after approval
- analysing and assessing customer requirements related to products and processes (materials, process, quality, product specifications) and performing initial opportunity and risk analyses
- examining the processed drawings on consistency with specifications, missing information, readability and user-friendliness. Where needed, you adjust or elaborate the documents and system information and provide input for detail plan for naval architecture. If applicable you calculate weight and relevant technical details and determine specifications for work to be outsourced
- revising the basic engineering package based on non-conformities, own insight or directions by others and where needed discuss with other Lead Engineers and relevant stakeholders
- you will document activities performed on processes, installations and equipment and provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports or analyses
- keeping up with relevant engineering methods, tools and technologies in the market and develop, improve, validate and implement new and existing methods, tools, technologies, procedures and protocols.
To be considered as Lead Engineer Naval Architecture you have to meet the following qualifications:
- a Bachelor or Master degree in naval architecture or another technical discipline (e.g. mechanical engineering)
- at least two years experience in a similar function
- you have great leadership skills, excellent analytical skills and good problem-solving skills
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you as Lead Engineer Naval Architecture a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Lead Engineer Naval Architecture and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
About Koninklijke IHC
As Lead Engineer Naval Architecture you will work at the Engineering department for the Shipbuilding Group. The Shipbuilding Group engineers and produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. The Engineering department of the Shipbuilding Group is based in Kinderdijk or Krimpen aan den IJssel in the Netherlands.
lead engineer, improvement, innovator, calculate, independent, mechanical engineering, great leadership skills, naval architecture, shipbuidling, custom-built, offshore vessels, dredging vessels, technical advisor, tenders, aftersales
Solliciteer op deze functie