Responsible for developing, implementing and driving reliability improvement plans and programs in order to improve plant reliability, integrity and availability within the boundaries.
In order to strengthen the Asset Performance Team we are looking for an:
Asset Performance Engineer
The Site Geleen encompasses 2 Naphtha crackers, a Logistics department comprising tank farms, inland harbor and rail terminal, a Polypropylene unit, 2 Polyethylene units and a Product Handling department. The Naphtha crackers produce amongst others ethylene and propylene which are mainly used as feedstock for the successive poly-olefins plants. Our polyethylene product range includes all of the commodity thermoplastic polymers, linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE), low density polyethylene (LDPE), and high density polyethylene (HDPE). The polypropylene product range includes block copolymer and specialty automotive grades.
Structure Site Geleen
We have operational units which are based on the PMT-model (Plant Operations, Maintenance and Technical). Plant Operations is responsible for a safe and reliable production within the defined Safety Health & Environment / License to Operate window.
Maintenance is responsible for specification, scheduling and execution of the maintenance activities in the plant. The Technical department is responsible for e.g. the design of the asset, the asset life plan, the operating window, continuous reviewing of the asset performance and the subsequent feedback to Operations and Maintenance. Within Technical, the Asset Engineering Department consists of 5 teams: Static, Rotating, Instrumentation, Electrical and Asset Performance. These discipline-based teams cover all assets on the Geleen site.
JOB PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for developing, implementing and driving reliability improvement plans and programs in order to improve plant reliability, integrity and availability within the boundaries of EHSS and cost requirements. The asset performance engineer is also responsible for guiding efforts to lead the asset’s continuous long-term improvement plans and cost optimization efforts.
- Monitors production losses and maintenance costs using historical production data, maintenance data, safety data and other sources to deliver a comprehensive long-term risk base strategy to improve production reliability and optimize cost.
- Develops a multidisciplinary long-term asset investment plan (according to SABIC’s Aging Assets Assessment program) to give a comprehensive overview in the long-term strategic investment needs, to initiate the periodic investment budget process and to initiate replacement projects in order to ensure continuous long-term reliable and safe asset operation.
- Functions as a facilitator in applying root cause analysis (RCA) methodology as per SABIC corporate requirements for sporadic incidents and chronic failures, to identify root causes and to setup an action plan to prevent reoccurrence. This may include setting up a common cause analysis not only focusing on hardware performance but also focusing on human behavior and organizational aspects.
- Provides periodic analysis reports to the plant management and site leadership team highlighting past asset performance, possible areas for reliability improvements and progress on reliability initiatives.
- Acts as a partner for the static department to initiate reliability & integrity improvements within the current legal inspection program and to integrate risk based inspection (RBI) methodology into the legal inspection work process.
- Acts as a methodology expert for RCA, RCM, RBI and/or RIS methodology, supports the site to adhere to SABIC corporate requirements and actively works together with European and corporate methodology experts to develop common strategies and to share best practices and learnings.
- Systematically defines, develops, monitors and refines asset maintenance strategies using reliability centered maintenance (RCM) methodology that includes value added preventive & predictive maintenance tasks and strategic spare part definition.
Acts as site representative during corporate/industry/insurance and legal audits in the area of asset performance & maintenance and contributes to periodic industry benchmarks by analyzing/delivery of historic asset performance data.
- Bachelor or Master Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of reliability, maintenance and/or engineering experience in oil & gas, petrochemical and/or energy production industry.
- Risk based analytical mindset and experience in facilitation and chairing of multi-disciplinary meetings.
- Good understanding and knowledge of methodologies such as RCA, RCM, RBI, RIS, Criticality Assessment and concepts like ageing assets assessment or reliability in design.
- Practical experience/knowledge of SAP, Meridium (or equivalent APM software package) and MS Office systems.
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, e.g. with regards to change and stakeholder management: able to efficiently introduce new reliability concepts, to strive for change and to effectively communicate to multiple levels and disciplines within the organization.
Flexible and pragmatic approach in order to realize company’s targets
For more information about this role you can contact: Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter tel. 0031 (0)646103085.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered
PEOPLE WHO CAN
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers
Apply fort his job!
If you are interested in this position and you would like to apply please send your CV and motivation letter via our online application page.
Solliciteer op deze functie