Royal IHC's international offshore shipbuilding and equipment projects are technologically innovative and ambitious. As a Legal Counsel it is your responsibility to translate the business case, responsibilities and limitations into a contract for the customer. You will be involved in various pro...
In this role, you will contribute to the proposal team to ensure that a proper contract is drafted and negotiated. IHC can then fulfil this within budget and on time, and for the mutual benefit of our customers and the company. You will cooperate with various teams and departments located in our head office in The Netherlands or abroad. During the execution phase, the project will be implemented by the Project Management team and (when assigned) a contract manager. They will request your support with respect to claims or contractual discussions. You will be located within our expanding legal department at Royal IHC in Kinderdijk, The Netherlands. To achieve optimal results, you will also work closely with your colleagues from the other shared services based there, including payment and securities, contract management, tax, insurance and treasury. As a Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for:
- providing legal advice and supporting the business with regards to commercial contracts (tenders, offers and negotiations)
- advising the executive directors on the content and risk(s) of the contract
- providing tangible and hands-on legal advice on matters specific to the business
- teaming up with the other legal counsels, payment and securities, customer finance, treasury, tax, and contract managers to achieve the best result
- promoting cross-functional and international collaboration
- proactively informing and assisting the sales and project teams on risks, opportunities and points of attention
- formalising amendments and changes to the relevant contracts
- preparing files and drafting letters with respect to certain (disputed) topics.
To be eligible for this role, you must have:
- strong analytical and communication skills across all levels of seniority within the business
- a flexible and results-oriented approach
- the ability to influence others without losing focus on the end result and IHC's commercial relationships
- a team player approach and the ability to take responsibility for your tasks
- an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy
- the flexibility to travel internationally
- an academic higher education in (preferably English or Dutch) contract or construction law, with a keen interest in engineering, offshore and marine products
- at least three years' experience gained at a reputable law firm or in house managing shipbuilding, EPC and/or construction contracts (a combination of both is desirable)
- an excellent command of English (written and verbal), as well as Dutch (desirable).
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you as Legal Counsel a challenging full-time job or part-time (0,8 FTE minimum) within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Legal Counsel and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
About Koninklijke IHC
Royal IHC (IHC) is the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Solliciteer op deze functie