We are looking for a NDT Welding Inspector who will be responsible for inspecting incoming goods, products, work processes and/or supplier quality-control activities and quality-related projects. The role will also involve administration, audits and answering quality-related questions, as well as...
- ensuring the issuance of inspection notifications. Carrying out visual inspections and issuing relevant reports, verifying the conformity of work to the specified quality requirements and ensuring that the inspections and controls are carried out and documented in accordance with the applicable inspection and test plans. When necessary, supporting the issuing of nonconformances
- verifying welding parameters and consumables storage and certification during installation/construction activities. Also, checking the availability and suitability of the welding equipment, filler material, pre-heating, welding, heat treatment, bevels, extent of repairs made by various welders (and taking any corrective action required), and checking the heat treatment record diagrams
- verifying procedures and welders' qualifications
- performing section checks, ensuring that structures and outfitting are compliant to the correct specifications and that the materials are in accordance with the specified material traceability requirements. Ensuring that all welding, heat treatment and any material testing are all in compliance with the relevant codes and specifications
- ensuring the correct implementation of the approved inspection and test plans relevant to welding
- ensuring the preparation of the welding dossier for final handover to the customer
- organising and carrying out NDT internal cross-check inspections to randomly verify joints conformity
- supervising NDT operations carried out by external entities/operators, reviewing subcontractor documents and technical qualifications, and collecting relevant inspection reports
- liaising with the welding technician/foreman in order to identify the causes of welding defects
- providing training to NDT personnel (if needed)
- having protection measures applied (according to the instructions of qualified personnel) while activities with potential ionising radiation risks are carried out, always following local, national or international safety precautions.
In order to be eligible for this position you must have the following:
- more than five years of experience in welding and NDT inspections on complex structures, preferably within the shipbuilding industry
- a valid welding certificate (minimum CSWIP 3.2 or equivalent)
- qualified as a UT NDT operator
- a minimum of Level 2 NDT (according to EN 9712 or ASNT) in at least UT-MT-PT, although RT would also be advantageous
- good communication skills in Dutch and English, both verbal and written
- the flexibility to work in different IHC locations and travel abroad if necessary.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you a challenging job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of NDT Welding Inspector and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Recruitment department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
About Koninklijke IHC
As a NDT Welding Inspector you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
Solliciteer op deze functie