As an Electrical Engineer, you will be part of a dedicated project team comprising several engineers, each with their own respective field of expertise. Together with the Lead Engineer, you will make your plan for the upcoming period, starting with basic engineering and followed by the detailed e...
In this role, you will be responsible for the calculations for various onboard systems and produce a wide range of technical documents, including:
- overall single-line drawings
- multi-line drawings of electrical cabinets
- cable block/cable connection diagrams
- cabinet layout drawings
- general arrangement plans (lighting, sockets, fire protection, signal columns etc)
- technical specifications for quotations and purchasing.
- setting up new EPLAN functionality and standardisation
- advising management about the new EPLAN functionality
- maintaining EPLAN
- training colleagues
- integrating EPLAN with Pre-Planning and Teamcenter.
To be eligible for the role of Electrical Engineer, you must have:
- a higher vocational education (HBO) with a technical specialism in electrotechnology or mechatronics
- knowledge and experience of EPLAN P8 (a formal qualification is desirable), Pre-Planning, Microsoft Office and Teamcenter
- technical knowledge of electrical engineering works, preferably on vessels and/or in the offshore industry (electric cabinet engineering)
- work experience gained in a comparable role (desirable)
- the ability to work independently and an ambition to flourish in a growing organisation
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch (verbal and written) in order to establish strong relationships within the project team.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Electrical Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button. For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
About Koninklijke IHC
As an Electrical Engineer, you will work at IHC Systems. This business unit develops and supplies standard and custom-built solutions for the efficient operation of dredgers and related vessels. Global life-cycle support - either remote or on location - guarantees durability and reliability. The company, which has paved the way in this sector for over 40 years, is based in Sliedrecht and employs over 100 people. IHC Systems is part of Royal IHC, the global market leader in the construction of specialist ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore vessels. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today, we have 3,000 employees working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please visit: www.royalihc.com.
Solliciteer op deze functie