As Customer Service Agent, you will report to the Customer Service Manager and support your colleagues. In this role, you will be responsible for the quick and excellent execution and follow-up of incoming customer requests. These technical administrative activities will be in line with operation...
To give you a clue of what this could look like:
It's Tuesday morning 8:30 and you park your car. It's a sshort walk to your desk and you start your computer. Next stop is to get a good cup of coffee. The customer service chat/phone line opens up automatically at 9 o'clock so you have time to start up. You check the new email that arrived during the night after a nice talk with your colleague.
You can answer a few questions directly and you send a few technical questions to the suppliers and ask for help. Then you check the webshop backoffice system. How many orders did we receive through the night and are there new customers in the system? You find a few new registrations. Great! You send them a personal welcome email and tell them that we are here to help! We can automate this email but we like the personal touch. It's already 10 o'clock and the first customer calls from Europe and the Middle East are coming in. You switch from email to call module and start helping the customers. It's a busy morning and it's time for lunch before you know it. You walk to the canteen with your colleagues for a good lunch…
To wrap things up: as Customer Service Agent, you will be responsible for:
- helping customers across various communication channels (phone, online chat, email and social media)
- checking, monitoring and entering orders into our back office system on a daily basis
- channelling and solving technical questions with the help of our suppliers and technical contacts
- helping to enrich the customer service knowledge centre
- communicating proactively - helping as a business but thinking like the customer.
We are looking for a service-oriented, commercially talented individual with (preferably) knowledge of the maritime industry and excellent communication skills. You must be dedicated and able to show initiative. Punctuality and reliability are also hallmarks of the way you approach your work. To be eligible for this position, you must have:
- minimum of secondary level of education (MBO)
- two to five years' experience working within a service/sales organisation in a technical environment with a global customer base (preferably in shipbuilding)
- proactive and hands-on attitude an the ability to cope well under pressure
- flexible, resourceful and pragmatic mindset
- team-player approach in a fast-paced start-up environment, where you need to expect the unexpected!
- knowledge of how to provide customers with the service they expect
- IFS and Microsoft Office knowledge and experience (desirable).
Terms of employment
ShipSupport is a start-up within a large company. We offer you a friendly and dynamic workplace, as well as:
- professional development
- friendly work environment
- relevant work experience to grow within the industry
- 40 days of holiday every year!
- a great pension scheme.
Are you interested in the position of Customer Support Agent and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
About Koninklijke IHC
ShipSupport is a Netherlands-based corporate start-up, powered by Royal IHC. We are located right next to a beautiful UNESCO World Heritage site in Kinderdijk. Our ambition is to become the leading e-commerce platform for the global maritime industry and you can help us on this exciting journey! We believe that ordering spare parts should be a simple and efficient process. Access to our platform is available at all times, allowing our customers to keep their business operational and successful for years to come. ShipSupport’s customer service department is responsible for every on- and offline interaction with customers during the order process. The department handles technical and commercial enquiries during weekdays, across multiple channels. We also provide the connection between our customers and suppliers in order to create a frictionless experience for both partners.
Solliciteer op deze functie