As a Mechanical Foreman, you will supervise the assembly and fitting of mechanical installations on board. Within this role, you will be responsible for: * Inspecting and checking technical drawings and diagrams * independently distributing tasks among the fitters * directing an...
Within this role, you will be responsible for:
- Inspecting and checking technical drawings and diagrams
- independently distributing tasks among the fitters
- directing and supervising your immediate colleagues
- preparing the risk analysis and work permits.
To be eligible, you must be able to work independently on board. As such, you must be educated to a higher vocational (MBO+) level and have a secondary vocational level degree (MBO) in shipbuilding or mechanical engineering (as a minimum). You must be able to communicate in the English language and have:
- Several years of relevant work experience
- knowledge of the installation of mechanical components, hydraulics and pneumatics
- knowledge of technical drawings and documents, the order of construction, construction methods, and how units and installations operate and can be modified
- knowledge of the installation requirements set by classification societies
- a VCA (VOL) certificate.
- The ability to work well in a team, and be capable of clearly communicating expectations and goals to colleagues, third-party employees and suppliers
- the ability to work with other departments, such as Safety, Construction Management and Quality Control
- earning the confidence of others by combining expertise with excellent communication skills
- the ability to work independently.
Please note, only candidates with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. An online assessment or screening may form part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
IHC offers the suitable candidate a unique opportunity to work for a successful worldwide leader. We also offer a challenging job within a financially successful and dynamic company, a local labour contract, competitive salary and benefits package, and a range of opportunities for further professional development.
Are you interested in the position of Mechanical Foreman and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 5333.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
About Koninklijke IHC
As a Mechanical Foreman, you will work at IHC Services, based in Krimpen aan den IJssel. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services' core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we're able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy.
With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
Solliciteer op deze functie